That time of year has rolled around again, the one where I wonder how I've survived another year and been deemed a year older, my brain hasn't quite got that memo yet. Every year I like to think back on the things I've done, whether it's been a tour I've done multiple shows of, people I've met, places I've visited or just memories I've made.
Last year I celebrated the end of my teens by having 19 tattooed in roman numerals on my arm. This year... I didn't gain any new tattoos despite coming close on more than a few occasions.
To be quite frank, the first year of my twenties was pretty much an emotional rollercoaster.
This year I have:
- Celebrated the start of my twenties by seeing 5 Seconds of Summer in London
- Been a bridesmaids at my cousins wedding (oh my god when did we all grow up?!)
-Visited my favourite city with my best friend
- Decided on University
- Visited London during London Fashion Week
- Seen a concert a Wembley Stadium (oh. my. god.)
- Started working full time
- Seen my favourite band live with my best friend
- Dealt with my favourite band splitting up by going to 7 of their shows on the farewell tour
- Attended my first fashion event
- Had 3 job interviews (my very first ones!)
- Opened and run a fragrance shop
- Started my YouTube channel
- Travelled to various parts of the country
- Been the most sunburnt I have ever been in my life
- Finished my college course with better grades than I could possibly imagined (I was genuinely proud of myself at the end)
And the list goes on.
Tomorrow I turn 21 and it's somewhat scary, part of me feels terribly indifferent. I can't do anything more than I can do right now (other than legally drinking in the US) but it also seems so final, like now is the time to really grow up and be an adult.
I think I'm ready to be an adult, get my life in order, get my weight in order and accomplish things I really want.
Your life can only be achieved by yourself so now it's my time to really start living.
Time to raise a glass of (punk) champagne and celebrate the beginning of a new chapter.
- SB xo